AwardsSandford Award for Heritage Education (Norwich Castle, Gressenhall and Time & Tide)
Outstanding Contribution Award, Norfolk County Council 2012
Arts Award Supporter
School Visits to Cromer Museum
For more information on workshops/events or to book your visit please call our schools booking line on 01493 743944 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the EYFS, KS1 & KS2 School Visits to Cromer Museum Brochure.
Deep History Coast
Turn your pupils into fossil mad enthusiasts by taking part in our exciting Deep History Coast Discovery event.
Pupils will use authentic tools to search for fossils before exploring our incredible geology gallery. We can even take your class on a guided fossil hunt on the rich Cromer beach. Call our school booking line on 01493 743944 to register your interest!
Stories from the Sea
Stories from the Sea is a partnership literacy project between the Time and Tide Museum in Great Yarmouth, the National Maritime Museum, and as of 2015, Cromer Museum. The project supports the development of primary school children's writing through inspirational museum school events such as Pirates!
Exciting new school events!
• Teacher-led visit: free of charge (please book in advance)
• Maximum group size: 45 pupils
• The museum’s historic fishing cottages and outbuildings open onto an attractive central courtyard
• Super displays on the amazing geology of the local coastline
• Atmospheric Victorian domestic interiors
• Cromer as a seaside resort
• Specialises in fossils, climate change, seaside holidays and local history
• Small museum shop with pocket money items
Parking Drop off point for coaches outside museum
Facilities for schools
• Cloakroom and space for bags
• Education Room
• In door picnic area
• Cromer Museum is a safe five minutes walk from the Esplanade and the sea
• Accessible toilets
• Level access throughout
Bookings and further information