AwardsSandford Award for Heritage Education (Norwich Castle, Gressenhall and Time & Tide)
Outstanding Contribution Award, Norfolk County Council 2012
Arts Award Supporter
Market Street, King’s Lynn, PE30 1NL
Excellent town museum. Home to iconic pre-historic monument ‘Seahenge’. Superb collections tracing the history of Kings Lynn and its area: fairground collections, life in the Fens , Invaders and Settlers, Maritime Heritage and Ancient Egyptian artefacts.
• Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge holder
• Tailor-made visits
• Teacher-led visit: half day (max group size 60)
• Cost of teacher-led museum visit: FREE
• Schools day events: costs start at £3 per pupil
• Impressive location in a converted Baptist Chapel and school house
• Local history and archaeology collections
• Recently refurbished displays include many interactive exhibits
• Exhibitions programme
• Small museum shop with pocket money items
Drop off point for coaches outside museum
Facilities for schools
• Indoor lunch space available
• Your school may benefit from help with travel costs
• The museum is a short walk to The Walks – Lynn’s historic urban park, and the Town’s historic waterfront
• Accessible toilets
• Level access throughout
Bookings and further information
• Please book school visits in advance.
• Click here to download an Expression of Interest Form. Fill in this simple form and return it to us today to start the booking process.
• Melissa Hawker, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01553 775001
Attending a Family Learning Numeracy Course is what encouraged me to get a job…It gave me the confidence.
We had a broad spectrum of ability (amongst the pupils) and the visit catered for all of these and gave us a few surprises – i.e. the children who asked and answered questions were not necessarily the ones we expected.