AwardsSandford Award for Heritage Education (Norwich Castle, Gressenhall and Time & Tide)
Outstanding Contribution Award, Norfolk County Council 2012
Arts Award Supporter
Norfolk Museums Learning
Welcome to a World of Learning
Norfolk Museums Service’s learning team delivers award-winning programmes for schools and all ages in ten museums across Norfolk. Our museums are in amazing historic buildings with wonderful collections and top class displays. We specialise in bringing history and learning to life.
Our schools programme
• High quality curriculum-based sessions
• Brilliant living history events and engaging object-handling sessions
• Inspiring and safe learning environments
• Museums in all corners of Norfolk, and with strong local roots
• Free entry for all Norfolk school children
• Free planning visits
Our other programmes
• Imaginative and engaging Early Years sessions
• Ground-breaking partnership programmes
• Talks, workshops and courses for adults
• Youth engagement programmes for 17 to 25 years olds
• Work with vulnerable children and young people
• Support and resources for language schools
• Norfolk Museums’ learning team also delivers fun and engaging family activities in our museums during school holidays and at other times.
Read about our work in Norfolk County Council’s Countywide Learning Report 2013-14.
The report ‘engage learn achieve’ looked at the impact of museum visits on the attainment of secondary pupils in the East of England. You can read the report here. (pdf 3MB).
Attending a Family Learning Numeracy Course is what encouraged me to get a job…It gave me the confidence.
We had a broad spectrum of ability (amongst the pupils) and the visit catered for all of these and gave us a few surprises – i.e. the children who asked and answered questions were not necessarily the ones we expected.