Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery
One of Norwich’s most famous landmarks, Norwich Castle was built by the Normans as a Royal Palace 900 years ago. Explore the Castle's history as a palace and later as a prison, and enjoy our fabulous collections of fine art, archaeology, and natural history as well as the Royal Norfolk Regimental Museum collections.
John Wonnacott and John Lessore: The Life Room and the City, Saturday 4 October 2014 – Sunday 4 January 2015
For our major autumn exhibition, Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery has joined Norwich University of the Arts to celebrate the iconic art school’s 170th year. This is an exhibition of the work of two important British painters, John Wonnacott and John Lessore, and the paintings they made in and around the art school while they were teaching there in the early 1980s.
John Wonnacott, The Life Room, 1977-80, oil on canvas, Norfolk Museums Service, © the artist.
Fashion and Passion: A Celebration of Costume & Textiles, Saturday 18 October 10am to 4.30pm
Join Norfolk Museums Service and the Costume and Textile Association as they celebrate 25 years of working together with a rich tapestry of talks, demonstrations, and hands-on activities for costume and textile enthusiasts of all ages. Click here for more information.
For news of all the Castle’s autumn events, click here to download our Whats On brochure.
- Groups info (pdf - 157kB)
- Norwich Castle Floor Plan (pdf - 332kB)
- Norwich Castle Leaflet 2014 (pdf - 2489kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - 5 to 7 years (pdf - 403kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - 8 to 11 years (pdf - 385kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - Adult (pdf - 1060kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - Teenage (pdf - 1417kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - Under 5 (pdf - 3052kB)
- Talking Textiles Flyer (pdf - 186kB)