Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery
One of Norwich’s most famous landmarks, Norwich Castle was built by the Normans as a Royal Palace 900 years ago. Explore the Castle's history as a palace and later as a prison, and enjoy our fabulous collections of fine art, archaeology, and natural history as well as the Royal Norfolk Regimental Museum collections.
Egyptian Gallery Closure
The Egyptian Gallery will be closed until Monday 22 December for essential work to be carried out.
Christmas Opening Arrangements
The Castle will be closed from Christmas Eve, Wednesday 24 December, to Boxing Day, Friday 26 December. We will also be closed on 1 January 2015. Please note that our Christmas Eve arrangements have been advertised incorrectly in some publications. We apologise for any confusion.
Homage to Manet exhibition and spring events programme
Get your spring visit to the Castle in your diary now. Click here for our Spring 2015 What's On, covering events in the Norwich Museums from January to April.
John Wonnacott and John Lessore: The Life Room and the City, Saturday 4 October 2014 – Sunday 4 January 2015
For our major autumn exhibition, Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery has joined Norwich University of the Arts to celebrate the iconic art school’s 170th year. This is an exhibition of the work of two important British painters, John Wonnacott and John Lessore, and the paintings they made in and around the art school while they were teaching there in the early 1980s.
For news of all the Castle’s autumn events, click here to download our Whats On brochure.
- Groups info (pdf - 157kB)
- Norwich Castle Companion Notes (pdf - 5318kB)
- Norwich Castle Floor Plan (pdf - 332kB)
- Norwich Castle Leaflet 2014 (pdf - 2489kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - 5 to 7 years (pdf - 403kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - 8 to 11 years (pdf - 385kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - Adult (pdf - 1060kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - Teenage (pdf - 1417kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - Under 5 (pdf - 3052kB)
- Talking Textiles Flyer (pdf - 186kB)