Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse, Gressenhall, Dereham, NR20 4DR.
How to find us
Gressenhall is in the centre of Norfolk, 3 miles northwest of Dereham on the B1146. It is 30 minutes drive from Norwich, Cromer and Kings Lynn and 40 minutes from the heart of the Norfolk Broads.
There are brown tourist signs to follow from Dereham town centre.
From the A47 follow signs to Fakenham B1146 and then brown tourist signs.
There is ample free parking on site.
Bus and rail travel
For public transport timetable information, around Norfolk, go to the Traveline website or tel: 0871 200 22 33.
For information on accessible buses, visit the Norfolk County Council website and follow the links to information about public transport.
Norfolk is (fairly) flat and perfect for getting around by bike. There are lots of quiet lanes in the area around the museum. National Cycle Route 1 passes the museum about five miles away while National Cycle Route 13 passes only half a mile away.
For added interest, build in a trip on the Mid-Norfolk Railway as part of your day. This preserved railway runs through the heart of Norfolk from Wymondham to Dereham’s historic Victorian station complex. You’ll need to bring your bike or book a taxi to get from Dereham Station to Gressenhall which is about 4 miles away. For more details call 01362 851723 or visit the Mid-Norfolk Railway website.
- Event information - Apple Day (pdf - 438kB)
- Event information - History Alive! (pdf - 481kB)
- Event information - Village at War (pdf - 456kB)
- Gressenhall Access Information Sheet (pdf - 61kB)
- Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse
- Gressenhall Groups - All Aboard for the Workhouse Information Pack 2013 (pdf - 66kB)
- Gressenhall Groups - Booking Form 2013 (pdf - 49kB)
- Gressenhall Groups - Gardening Clubs 2013 (pdf - 1183kB)
- Gressenhall Groups - Info and Prices 2013 (pdf - 59kB)
- Gressenhall Groups - Things to see and do in 2013 (pdf - 1322kB)