Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse
We are now closed for the 2016 season. We will reopen on 19 and 20 December for the Victorian Family Christmas special event and from 13 to 17 February for half-term and 5 March for the 2017 season.
Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse is a truly unique museum. Visit its 50-acre site and discover the:
• Historic workhouse building featuring new exhibition galleries exploring ‘Voices from the Workhouse’
• Museum of life on the land
• Traditional farm with rare breed animals
• Beautiful, unspoilt grounds and exciting adventure playground
The museum is a great day out whether you want to learn about the lives of Norfolk people in the past or relax and have a good time with your friends and family. You’ll need a whole day to begin to discover all its wonders.
Use the navigation links to plan your visit, find out more about the museum and for details of events and exhibitions. To access a copy of the site map, please click here.
Victorian Family Christmas
Monday 19 and Tuesday 20 December 10.30am - 2.30pm
Book now for this special event and help get your whole family into the festive mood.
Turn back the clock and enjoy a traditional Victorian Christmas.
Join in with the carol singing in the Chapel and watch the magic lantern show. Make your own peg doll and traditional Christmas decorations. Taste workhouse gruel and the cooking on the range. Play traditional games, hear Victorian stories and send Father Christmas a letter from our village Post Office.
The Mardler’s Rest Café will also be open throughout the event. Make sure to keep your hands on your belongings though as the Artful Dodger may be about!
Tickets £8.00, Museums Pass holders £7.00, Under 4s free.
Pre-booking essential, tel. 01362 869251.
- Gressenhall Access Information Sheet (pdf - 23kB)
- Gressenhall Groups - Booking Form (pdf - 57kB)
- Gressenhall Groups - Gardening Clubs (pdf - 217kB)
- Gressenhall Groups - Info and Prices (pdf - 86kB)
- Gressenhall Groups - Things to see and do in 2016 (pdf - 281kB)
- Village At War: Vintage Vehicles and 1940s enactors form (pdf - 34kB)