Norwich Castle welcomes disabled visitors. There is parking for Blue Badge holders next to the Castle’s main entrance. Nearly all the museum is accessible to wheelchair users - our staff can help you plan a level access route around the building. Handling opportunities are often available, and many of the displays incorporate multi-sensory experiences. Assistance dogs are welcome. Hearing loops are available at the reception desks and for our lectures and talks.
There is no wheelchair access to the Castle battlements and dungeons, and some access restrictions in the Keep. A film introduction to the Castle Keep, and 'virtual tours' of battlements and dungeons are available. These are BSL-interpreted and audio described. There is also an Audio Guide for visually impaired visitors - please ask for this at the front desk.
If you would like access information in any other format such as Braille, large print, audio cassette, or CD, please contact us on:
Telephone: 01603 493625
Mobile (for text messages): 07879 432984
Fax: 01603 493623
E-mail: Norfolk Museums & Archaeology Service
• Gift shop, stocking a wide range of gifts, souvenirs and publications.
• Norwich Castle Café serves drinks, snacks and lunches, with a range of salads, sandwiches and hot meals. Lunch boxes for children are available.
• Picnic Room, with hot drinks and snack machines.
• Cloakroom with secure storage for buggies, coats and bags.
• Baby changing facilities
• Accessible toilets
- Café Menu Options (pdf - 44kB)
- Groups info (pdf - 91kB)
- Norwich Castle Access Guide (pdf - 294kB)
- Norwich Castle Floor Plan (pdf - 332kB)
- Norwich Castle leaflet 2013 (pdf - 1746kB)
- Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - 5 to 7 years (pdf - 403kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - 8 to 11 years (pdf - 385kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - Adult (pdf - 1060kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - Teenage (pdf - 1417kB)