Norwich Castle welcomes disabled visitors. There are two parking spaces for Blue Badge holders next to the Castle’s main entrance with nearly all of the museum accessible to wheelchair users - our staff can help you plan a level access route around the building.
Handling opportunities are often available, and many of the displays incorporate multi-sensory experiences.
Assistance dogs are very welcome and hearing loops are available at the reception desks and for our lectures and talks.
Unfortunately there is no wheelchair access to the Castle battlements and dungeons or to the balcony of the Castle Keep. A film introduction to the Keep, and 'virtual tours' of the battlements and dungeons are available, these are BSL-interpreted and audio described.
If you would like access information in any other format such as Braille, large print, audio cassette, or CD, please contact us:
Telephone: 01603 493625
Email: Norfolk Museums Service
- Big Castle Birdwatch Flyer (pdf - 2255kB)
- Groups info (pdf - 157kB)
- Norwich Castle Companion Notes (pdf - 5318kB)
- Norwich Castle Floor Plan (pdf - 332kB)
- Norwich Castle Leaflet 2014 (pdf - 2489kB)
- Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - 5 to 7 years (pdf - 403kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - 8 to 11 years (pdf - 385kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - Adult (pdf - 1060kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - Teenage (pdf - 1417kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - Under 5 (pdf - 3052kB)