Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery
One of Norwich’s most famous landmarks, Norwich Castle was built by the Normans as a Royal Palace 900 years ago. Explore the Castle's history as a palace and later as a prison, and enjoy our fabulous collections of fine art, archaeology, and natural history as well as the Royal Norfolk Regimental Museum collections.
The Wonder of Birds 24 May to 14 September 2014
Our fantastic summer exhibition, The Wonder of Birds opens on 24 May. The exhibition combines art and natural history to explore the cultural impact of birds on humanity. Click here to find out more about the exhibition.
Summer Holiday Fun at Norwich Castle
Get a date in your diary now for a summer holiday visit to the Castle. Enjoy bird-themed holiday events every day (click on the flyer for details) as well as our fabulous 'Wonder of Birds' exhibition
Watch the Birdy
It’s competition time, click here to download our Paradise Parrot and make Polly pretty!
Send us a picture of your creation on Facebook or Twitter along with #WOB for a chance to win a family ticket to Norwich Castle.
All entries will be shown on our Facebook page so make sure to follow us.
The beautiful Paradise Parrot can be seen alongside other stunning specimens, sculpture, fashion and art in ‘The Wonder of Birds’ which runs here until September 14th.
For news of all the Castle’s summer events, click here to download our Whats On brochure.
- Groups info (pdf - 157kB)
- Norwich Castle Floor Plan (pdf - 332kB)
- Norwich Castle Leaflet 2014 (pdf - 2489kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - 5 to 7 years (pdf - 403kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - 8 to 11 years (pdf - 385kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - Adult (pdf - 1060kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - Teenage (pdf - 1417kB)
- Norwich Castle Trail Leaflet - Under 5 (pdf - 3052kB)