Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse
We will reopen on Sunday 5 March for the 2017 season.
Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse is a truly unique museum. Visit its 50-acre site and discover the:
• Historic workhouse building featuring new exhibition galleries exploring ‘Voices from the Workhouse’
• Museum of life on the land
• Traditional farm with rare breed animals
• Beautiful, unspoilt grounds and exciting adventure playground
The museum is a great day out whether you want to learn about the lives of Norfolk people in the past or relax and have a good time with your friends and family. You’ll need a whole day to begin to discover all its wonders.
Use the navigation links to plan your visit, find out more about the museum and for details of events and exhibitions. To access a copy of the site map, please click here.
What’s on at Gressenhall
2017 season opening
Sunday 5 March 2017 10am - 5pm
Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse, the Museum of Norfolk Life, reopens its doors with a full calendar of events and activities. Come and discover the story of rural Norfolk on a visit to this fascinating museum and traditional farm.
The Wedding Fair
Saturday 11 March 2017 10am - 5pm
If you're a bride to be or just love a good wedding, come and explore some unusual wedding inspiration, past and present.
Meet a selection of local suppliers who can help you to make your special day even more memorable. Be inspired by our museum collections and discover innovative ideas to enhance your celebration.
Join us and discover what makes Gressenhall such a unique wedding venue.
Free admission for pre-booked couples via Eventbrite
Sunday 26 March 2017 10am - 5pm
Treat your mum to a special day. Discover fascinating floral objects and the Victorian ‘language of flowers’. Make exquisite tissue-paper flowers or a beautiful gift in Art Attack! Then spoil her with a free cream tea in the Mardlers’ Rest Café.
- Gressenhall Access Information Sheet (pdf - 23kB)
- Gressenhall Groups - Booking Form (pdf - 57kB)
- Gressenhall Groups - Gardening Clubs (pdf - 217kB)
- Gressenhall Groups - Info and Prices (pdf - 29kB)
- Gressenhall Groups - Things to see and do in 2017 (pdf - 164kB)
- Village At War: Vintage Vehicles and 1940s enactors form (pdf - 34kB)