An intimate and atmospheric museum telling the story of Thetford and the surrounding Breckland countryside. Displays include flint axes, replicas of the Roman Thetford Treasure as well as objects from the 1960s expansion of Thetford.
- Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge holder
- Learning programme offer: EYFS, Reception and Key stage 1 | Key stage 2 | Secondary Schools
- Tailor-made visits
- Specialises in Arts Awards
- Teacher-led visit: half day
- Maximum group size: two classes for a half day or three classes for a full day visit
- Cost of teacher-led museum visit: free
- School day costs start at £6 per pupil
- Beautiful Tudor merchant house
- Local history and archaeology collections including pre-history through to 1960s
- Victorian Kitchen and courtyard garden
- Short films on famous locals Tom Paine and Maharajah Duleep Singh
- Exhibitions programme
- Drop off point for coaches close to the museum
Facilities for schools
- Indoor lunch space
- 10 minutes walk to Kings House Gardens (plenty of space to run around)
- Accessible toilets
- First floor not wheelchair accessible
Bookings and further information
- Please book school visits in advance
- Download an Expression of Interest Form. Fill in this simple form and return it to us today to start the booking process.
- Find full details on booking your school visit
- Download a Risk Assessment. An up-to-date Covid safe Risk Assessment will also be sent to you.
- For bookings and enquiries contact email@example.com or call 01842 752599.