'A Knight Out' outreach volunteers
Role Title: ‘A Knight Out’ Outreach Volunteer
Location of role: Various locations across Norfolk and Suffolk
Commitment: Flexible, would ask you to attend at least two events for A Knight Out
This is an exciting opportunity to support Norwich Castle outreach activities ‘A Knight Out’ as part of Norwich Castle: Royal Palace Reborn, at events and schools across Norfolk and Suffolk. Volunteers are required to support staff in delivering family activities at events, engaging new audiences with Medieval history, Norwich Castle and the National Lottery Heritage Fund Project, Royal Palace Reborn.
Relationship to museum objectives
Norwich Castle: Royal Palace Reborn is a four-year project that will reinstate the Norman floors and rooms in the Keep. ‘A Knight Out’, is part of the outreach element to this project. It aims to bring history to life to new and wider audiences through fun and engaging activities at events across Norfolk and Suffolk.
Details of role
We are looking for volunteers to help deliver activities, assist Museum staff in setting up, clearing away and gaining evaluation from visitors.
Activities and events will take place outside or in a tent (weather dependant). You will primarily be helping deliver:
- Knight Club- family friendly sword fighting, by helping set up equipment, cleaning equipment, taking bookings and assisting participants.
You might also help with other activities such as:
- Object handling and crystal maze type activities, fun, silly (but informative!) timed puzzles
What you will get from it
- Experience of delivering activities to children and families
- Customer Service experience
- Support and supervision, including all Covid-19 H&S precautions and risk assessments
- Be part of our exciting Norwich Castle: Royal Palace Reborn project
- Have a friendly, approachable and helpful manner
- Enjoy working with people of all ages and engaging with the public
- Be confident and prepared to initiate conversation and interact– a ‘people person’
- Be punctual and conscientious
- Be a good team member, supporting staff and other volunteers
- Be willing to put on a costume to add to the atmosphere
- You must be available to attend training before the event, training will cover Safeguarding, Health and Safety and using the equipment. Date TBC
Applicants must be over 18
Application form with 2 references, informal interview, DBS check.
For an application form or more info email email@example.com