The Museum of Norwich is a gem of a museum with extensive and varied displays about the local and social history of Norwich.
- School visits must be booked in advance
- Teacher-led visit: two hours
- Maximum group size: 60 pupils
- Programme and resources for: Key stages 1, 2 and 3
- Free entry for schools in Norfolk in term-time, £2.10 per child outside term-time. UK schools outside Norfolk £2.10 per child.
- Housed in a former merchant’s house and Bridewell, or prison
- Displays are over two floors and encircle an attractive courtyard
- Social history of the people of Norwich from the middle ages to the present day
- Trade and industry including shoe making and weaving
- Museum shop with pocket money items
- Drop-off point a minute’s walk away on St Andrews Street
Facilities for schools
- Indoor picnic area with coat and bag storage and courtyard for summer picnics
- Accessible toilets
- Displays fully accessible
- Please discuss wheelchair access on booking.
Bookings and information