England’s Second City
- In 1700 Norwich was England’s second city , larger and more prosperous than Bristol, York and Newcastle.
- Displays setting out the city’s rich industrial heritage.
- 19th century hand-loom restored to full working order is a star exhibit.
- Two displays exploring life in Norwich from the first part of the 20th century to the present day.
Shopping and trading
- Display celebrating 200 years of Norwich people shopping and trading.
- A recreated early 20th century chemists shop with all its potions, packets and pills.
The Story of the Bridewell
- The story of this building, focusing primarily on its time as a house of correction and a prison.
- Underneath the Bridewell lies a secret…