Key Stage 1
For more information, enquiries and bookings contact the Norwich Bookings Coordinator at email@example.com, or call 01603 493636
Immersive events which take place in different locations, include a range of activities, and involve meeting characters from the past. 10am – 12 noon, £3.50 per pupil.
While the Castle Keep is closed, we’ll be offering an exciting new outreach event to replace Life in a Castle at the museum, so we can bring stories from the Castle to your school! Meet some of your favourite characters, including Lady Isabella, Maud the maid or Jack the rat-catcher, and find out more about what it was like to live in a medieval castle.
£210 for a half-day session, up to 60 children
Learn about Florence Nightingale’s life, discover objects she might have used and make a traditional lamp like the one she used for her night-time rounds.
Please note: Due to the Castle Keep redevelopment project, the Meet Florence Nightingale event may be relocated to the Museum of Norwich at the Bridewell.
Can the cowardly knight convince the king that he is brave enough to marry his daughter? Help him to invent a tale of bravado in which he slays a fearsome beast.
Teacher resources to support Dragon's Tale:
- A Fearsome Creature worksheet
- Character Description worksheet
- A Dragon's Tale extension activities
- A Dragon's Tale storyboard
Please note: Due to the Castle Keep redevelopment project, A Dragon's Tale will not run in academic year 2019-20.
2 hours, £3 per pupil
- Every Picture Tells a Story KS1 - Use paintings to write the beginning of a story and develop vocabulary in an adventurous and creative way. Please note: Due to the Castle Keep redevelopment project, this session will not run in academic year 2019-20.
- Poetry from Pictures KS1 and 2 - Write poems inspired by paintings, generate creative ideas and explore ways to develop language through art. Please note: Due to the Castle Keep redevelopment project, this session will not run in academic year 2019-20.
- Magical Creatures KS1 and 2 - Have you met the Hippostricow or the Chickamungus? Use our collections to combine features of beasts and birds and create a curious magical character description.
Contact us to book Literacy courses
1.5 hours, £3 per pupil
- All that Glitters KS1 - Create a shimmering transparent piece of art inspired by the beautiful objects in our Decorative Art Galleries.
- Look at Me! Portraits in Focus KS1 and 2 - Investigate portraits, learn about poise, facial expressions and enjoy fun practical activities. Please note: Due to the Castle Keep redevelopment project, this session will not run in academic year 2019-20.
- Contact us to book Art and Design courses