Key Stage 1
For more information, enquiries and bookings contact the Norwich Bookings Coordinator at email@example.com, or call 01603 493636
Norwich Castle is undergoing some exciting changes! As part of the Norwich Castle: Gateway to Medieval England project, the Castle Keep is being redeveloped to restore it to its previous incarnation as a Norman royal palace.
The work will take place from summer 2019 to late 2020, during which the Castle Keep will be closed. The rest of the museum will be open on a phased basis.
Please be aware that events which use the Castle Keep may not be available or may be adapted to use different spaces in the museum during this period.
Immersive events which take place in different locations, include a range of activities, and involve meeting characters from the past. 10am – 12 noon, £3.50 per pupil.
Investigate what it was like to live in a medieval castle. Discover similarities and differences with living in our homes today by meeting costumed characters, handling historical objects and making your own pennant to keep.
Learn about Florence Nightingale’s life, discover objects she might have used and make a traditional lamp like the one she used for her night-time rounds.
Can the cowardly knight convince the king that he is brave enough to marry his daughter? Help him to invent a tale of bravado in which he slays a fearsome beast.
Teacher resources to support Dragon's Tale:
- A Fearsome Creature worksheet
- Character Description worksheet
- A Dragon's Tale extension activities
- A Dragon's Tale storyboard
2 hours, £3 per pupil
- Every Picture Tells a Story KS1 - Use paintings to write the beginning of a story and develop vocabulary in an adventurous and creative way.
- Magical Creatures KS1 and 2 - Have you met the Hippostricow or the Chickamungus? Use our collections to combine features of beasts and birds and create a curious magical character description.
- Poetry from Pictures KS1 and 2 - Write poems inspired by paintings, generate creative ideas and explore ways to develop language through art.
- Contact us to book Literacy courses
1.5 hours, £3 per pupil
- All that Glitters KS1 - Create a shimmering transparent piece of art inspired by the beautiful objects in our Decorative Art Galleries.
- Look at Me! Portraits in Focus KS1 and 2 - Investigate portraits, learn about poise, facial expressions and enjoy fun practical activities.
- Contact us to book Art and Design courses