Preparing to visitWe offer a free welcome and induction session for activity leaders. For details call 01603 493636 or email our Norwich Bookings Coordinator at email@example.com.
On the day
Language guidesWe have a short history of the Castle available in a number of languages. Please ask for more information when booking.
PicnicsYour ticket allows you to come and go as often as you like. There are picnic tables just outside the Castle’s main entrance. Castle Gardens, just below the castle, offers grassy areas and has lots more picnic benches.
If the weather is poor you are welcome to use our picnic room (weekends and school holidays only).
ShopOur museum shop offers a wide range of postcards, gifts and souvenirs. We also sell a Norwich Castle Guide Book packed with information and illustrations. Please encourage groups to ask staff questions or to ask for help.
History of Norwich Castle
- Introduction and short guide
- Facts and figures
- Image of Norwich Castle: medieval period
- Image of Norwich Castle: 20th century
Crime and Punishment
- Prison stories: crimes and punishments
- Elementary level worksheet
- Intermediate level worksheet
- Image: James Rush death head
- Image: prison cells and the Castle Keep
- Image: the tread mill
Information, enquiries and bookings
Contact our Norwich Bookings Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 493636.