Teacher-led trails and resources
Enhance your visit with a trail, choose which one, download and print.
Due to the Castle Keep redevelopment, the objects in some trails will not be on display to the public. When the Egyptian gallery closes for the duration of the work, key artefacts will be moved to a display elsewhere in the museum. If you're not sure whether something will be on display, please contact us before your visit.
- KS1 Natural History
- KS2 Boudica and the Romans
- KS2 Egyptians
- KS2 Anglo-Saxon and Vikings
- KS2 Number Safari (Maths)
- KS2 First World War
- KS3 First World War
- KS3 First World War teachers notes and help sheet
Trails for Decorative Arts Galleries
- KS1 Decorative Arts trail
- KS2 Animals and Materials
- KS3 and KS4 Patterns
- KS3 and KS4 Messages and Identity
Teacher Resource packs for KS2
Art Resource packs for KS2
Take One Picture
Take One Picture is a scheme adapted from a highly successful programme run by the National Gallery. At Norwich Castle we focus on three paintings from our collection to inspire cross-curricular work in the primary classroom.
Please note: San Filippo will be taken off display at the end of April 2019 and we are looking into alternative options.
- Take One Picture at Norwich Castle - information sheet
- Norwich River Afternoon by John Crome – teacher resource pack
- Norwich River Afternoon – image of painting
- Paston Treasure – teacher resource pack
- Paston Treasure – image of painting
- Paston Treasure – treasure hunt
- San Filippo – teacher resource pack
- San Filippo – image of painting
GCSE Art and Design Support materials
Norwich Castle: Gateway to Medieval England (keep re-development) Project
Information, enquiries and bookings
Contact our Norwich Bookings Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 493636.