Trails and resources
Enhance your visit with trails and resources! Just choose, download and print. Some resources are also suitable for use in the classroom or at home.
Due to the Castle Keep redevelopment, the objects in some trails will not be on display to the public. If you're not sure whether something will be on display, please contact us before your visit.
- Super SPOTTERS trail (suitable for ages 3-7) - Download before you arrive and see what you can spot as you wander through our galleries! This is an interactive PDF: for iOS users open in iBooks, and for Android users open in Interactive PDF app. This will allow you to tick the boxes once the objects are found.
- KS1 Natural History
- KS2 Boudica and the Romans
- KS2 Egyptians - The Egyptian gallery is now closed for the Keep redevelopment project, and artefacts have been relocated to the Decorative Arts gallery. Please note that the papyrus, faience beetle amulet and bone/ivory clapper in the 'Materials' section of the trail are no longer on display.
- KS2 Anglo-Saxon and Vikings
- KS2 Number Safari (Maths)
- KS2 First World War
- KS3 First World War
- KS2 and KS3 First World War teachers' notes and help sheet
Trails for Decorative Arts Galleries
- KS1 Decorative Arts trail
- KS2 Animals and Materials
- KS3 and KS4 Patterns
- KS3 and KS4 Messages and Identity
- KS1 Florence Nightingale - Session ideas
- KS1 Florence Nightingale - Compare modern and Victorian hospital wards worksheet
- KS1 Florence Nightingale - Instructions to make a fanoos
- KS2 Romans – teacher resource pack
- KS2 Ancient Eqyptians - teacher resource pack
- KS2 Ancient Egyptians - virtual trail and activity pack
Art Resource packs for KS2
Take One Picture
Take One Picture is a scheme adapted from a highly successful programme run by the National Gallery. At Norwich Castle we focus on three paintings from our collection to inspire cross-curricular work in the primary classroom.
Please note: San Filippo is currently not on display.
- Take One Picture at Norwich Castle - information sheet
- Norwich River Afternoon by John Crome – teacher resource pack
- Norwich River Afternoon – image of painting
- Paston Treasure – teacher resource pack
- Paston Treasure – image of painting
- Paston Treasure – treasure hunt
- San Filippo – teacher resource pack
- San Filippo – image of painting
GCSE Art and Design Support materials
Norwich Castle: Royal Palace Reborn (Keep redevelopment project)
Information, enquiries and bookings
Contact our Norwich Bookings Coordinator on email@example.com or call 01603 493636.