During our major development project Norwich Castle: Royal Palace Reborn some areas of Norwich Castle are not open, including the medieval castle, dungeons and battlements.
There are still plenty of fantastic treasures for you to explore.
These areas are open for visitors
- Special Exhibitions Galleries
- Art Galleries
- Decorative Art Galleries
- Boudica & Romans Gallery
- Wider World Gallery
- Natural History Galleries
- The Egyptian collections (in a temporary display in the Arts of Living Gallery)
- Royal Norfolk Regimental collections
- Pop-up café (reduced offer due to redevelopment)
- Pop-up shop (reduced offer due to redevelopment)
These areas are closed to visitors
- The original medieval Castle, battlements and dungeons – due to reopen in spring 2024.
- The Anglo Saxon and Viking Gallery – we don’t have a reopening date for this gallery yet.
- The main Egyptian gallery (highlights from the Egyptian collections are on display in the Arts of Living Gallery) – we don’t have a reopening date for this gallery yet.