Monthly talks held at Norwich Castle Study Centre (Shirehall) brought to life with original examples from the Costume and Textile Collection.
Thursdays 11am–12.30pm and 2-3.30 pm. Booking essential - please call 01603 495897 or 01603 493625. Adults £8, Concessions £7.50, Museums Pass/CTA £7.
The Fashion Pages
14 February - A bookish look through the collections decoding literary references to dress, bookbinding materials and techniques, and even paper dresses! Flick through the pattern books and journals that propelled an industry.
A Splash of Colour
25 April - Join us for a textile trip through the rainbow, from the development of dyestuffs to social customs - everything from the subtle to the shocking!
12.30pm in the Town Close Auditorium at Norwich Castle. Included with admission, booking not required.
- 19 February - Curating the Viking Exhibition: An Introduction. With Dr Andrew Woods, York Museums Trust.
- 26 February - The Vikings in East Anglia: Evidence from the Soil. With Dr Tim Pestell, Norfolk Museums Service.
- 5 March - Pagans, Pennies & Power: The Vikings in East Anglia and the St Edmund Memorial Coinage. With Jo Porter, University of East Anglia.
- 26 March - Gold & Iron: The Sword in the Hoard from Bedale, North Yorkshire. With Dr Sue Brunning, the British Museum.
- 9 April - Scandinavian Place Names in East Anglia (and Beyond). With Dr Ellie Rye, University of York.
- 23 April - From Raiding to Settlement: The Viking Great Armies of the Late 9th Century. With Dr Gareth Williams, the British Museum.