Address: Blackfriars Road, Great Yarmouth, NR30 3BX
Come and visit an award-winning museum with rich collections and displays taking in Great Yarmouth’s herring industry, local history, seaside holidays and more.
Download the EYFS, KS1 & KS2 Visits to Time & Tide Museum brochure for all our up to date events.
Please note: do contact us if you cannot find an event which matches your topic. We are happy to discuss with you how you would like us to tailor activities to support your needs.
Sandford Award for Heritage 2014:
“The Time & Tide Museum in Great Yarmouth provides a wide range of learning resources to encourage children to explore the past, not only in the local area but also nationally. Ranging from pre-historic times to within living memory, the displays and artefacts, housed in an historic herring curing works, bring stories to life through imaginative interpretation.”
- Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge holder
- Maximum group size: 120 pupils
- School programme offer: Key Stages 1 and 2 | Key Stage 3
- Cost of teacher led visit: free of charge
- Cost of events £3.50 per child for half day event and £5 per child for full day
- Support towards the cost of your travel. Please enquire upon booking
- Massively atmospheric original herring curing works
- Extensive social history displays including a recreation of a Yarmouth Row
- Yarmouth as a seaside resort
- Local archaeology and fine art
- Exhibitions programme
- Excellent visitor facilities include large, partially-covered courtyard, café and shop with pocket money items
- Free parking opposite the museum
Facilities for schools
- Space to store bags and coats
- Education Room
- All weather picnic area
- Accessible toilets
- Level access throughout the displays
- Lift to first floor
Bookings and further information
- Please book school visits in advance
- Click here for a Risk Assessment
To book or for more information please call our schools booking line on 01493 743944 or email email@example.com.