Address: Blackfriars Road, Great Yarmouth, NR30 3BX
Come and visit an award-winning museum with rich collections and displays taking in Great Yarmouth’s herring industry, local history, seaside holidays and more.
Please note: do contact us if you cannot find an event which matches your topic. We are happy to discuss with you how you would like us to tailor activities to support your needs.
Sandford Award for Heritage 2019:
“The Tide and Tide Museum offer first class immersive experiences which bring history to life. The visits are seamless and excellently run, tailored to individual school’s needs. The sessions are hands on, engaging and facilitate learning whilst creating memories which will last a life time. This award is very well deserved and recognises the brilliant work that the team do across differing audiences and visitor groups."
- Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge holder
- Group size - various options discussed upon booking to safely meet group needs
- School programme offer: Key Stages 1 and 2 | Key Stage 3
- Cost of teacher led visit: free of charge
- Cost of events £4 per child for half day event and £6 per child for full day
- Support towards the cost of your travel. Please enquire upon booking
- Massively atmospheric original herring curing works
- Extensive social history displays including a recreation of a Yarmouth Row
- Yarmouth as a seaside resort
- Local archaeology and fine art
- Exhibitions programme
- Excellent visitor facilities include large, partially-covered courtyard, café and shop with pocket money items
- Free parking opposite the museum
Facilities for schools
- Space to store bags and coats
- Education Room
- Courtyard learning and eating space
- Accessible toilets
- Level access throughout the displays
- Lift to first floor
Bookings and further information
- Please book school visits in advance
- Click here for a Risk Assessment
To book or for more information please call our schools booking line on 01493 743944 or email email@example.com.