Museum at home
A-Z of objects from the Time and Tide Museum
Take a look at our curious collection and try the challenges.
Make your own museum at home.
- A is for amulet
- B is for Britannia's head
- C is for coconut
- D is for Dutch fair
- E is for evacuation letter
- F is for flint arrow head
- G is for Galea
- H is for herring
- I is for incendiary
- J is for Joy
- K is for Kukri
- L is for lifejacket
- M is for Morrison shelter
- N is for Nelson
- O is for ostrich egg
- P is for penny lick
- Q is for quilt
- R is for ration book
- S is for swill
- T is for transformation mask
- U is for uniform
- V is for Vespa
- W is for woad and war horn
- X is for xylospongium
- Y is for yellow submarine
- Z is for Zeppelin
Time and Tide Kids Make
- Kids and Collections: Fishy Fun!
- Kids and Collections: Roaming Romans
- Kids and Collections: May the Toys be with You
- Kids and Collections: Going Potty for Pottery!
- Kids and Collections: A Seaside History
- Kids and Collections: Sailing Ships and the South Quay
- Kids and Collections: “This is the greatest show!”
- Kids and Collections- Wrecking Waves: Power in Paintings
Get creative at home
Fun and easy art activities for all age groups:
Little Kippers Go Online
Join King Kipper to discover interesting objects from our museum collection. Make a craft and discover stories in these fun & interactive videos. Perfect for Pre-school children, Early Years & KS1.
Visit our YouTube page to watch more Little Kippers episodes.
Introducing our message in a bottle challenge
In the future we may be surprised to discover how lockdown really felt. So tell it like it is now!
60 Second Ancient Humans in Norfolk
Senior curator of Natural History & Geology at NMS Dr David Waterhouse tells us about ancient humans in Norfolk......in just 60 seconds.